Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Getting fit

Hello everyone!
Recently i had quite a lot of free time, and i decided to spend it on getting fit, I started doing some street workouts and running.
My current routine is pullups, pullups variations, muscle ups, then i do dips and some leg raises, after that i run about ~4 kilometers. At first i really struggled because i didn't have motivation for training, and every time i had to convince myself to go, even though i had excuses every time: I'm tired, I have work, I should go out with friends instead etc, but i made it so training would be routine for me, and even though i might missed a few days of training, i feel like i overcame the laziness.

I have also got addicted to running, it started from short runs on the beach before or after my workout, and now i find myself running even on rest days, I find running very relaxing, and I usually go running really late when I can't fall asleep or just in a bad mood, running always make me feel better. and i really noticed the progress as when i started i could barely run 2k without running out of breath in the middle, and now i can run 4k without breaking a sweat, and I might actually increase the distance gradually.
The Nike+ Running app really helped me with running motivation, because you 'compete' with your friends, and it logs all your runs and you can see your progress at your speed and running distance.

I have also tried to improve my diet, i have been lifting for a while so i have experience with dieting, but I'm still not 100% committed to it, so i haven't made drastic changes to my diet yet, also i'm considering signing up for a gym membership soon, because a new gym opened near my house, and the prices are reasonable, so if i decide to sign up, i will have to really commit to it, and drastically change my diet. 
Anyways i'm really happy i started working out, and I really hope i will be able to continue working out without losing motivation, and hopefully i will see results soon.

5 comments:

  1. Only strongest do it right...stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the hard part tbh, staying motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to exercise more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. exciting article ! keep blogging !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could also try cycling. I've found that 30 minutes of average to moderate cycling is quite relaxing to my body.

    Although running is better for the whole body. Anyway, don't give up, you've only just begun man.

    ReplyDelete